Fundraising Champion Social Media Guide
You can use these sample social media posts to get the word out to your social networks! You can copy and paste or get creative - just make sure to always include your fundraising page link in all of your posts.
- It's St. Louis U. High Day! Join me in supporting the young men of SLUH with a donation. As a fundraising champion for SLUH, I have my own fundraising page, so check out this link to donate to my personal fundraiser during St. Louis U. High Day: [INSERT: FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK]
- TODAY IS THE DAY! I need your help in supporting St. Louis U. High so they can continue to help ensure the excellence of a SLUH education is available to all young men of promise. I am fundraising for SLUH because [INSERT: IMPACT ORGANIZATION HAS HAD ON YOU]. JOIN ME in making a contribution to my fundraising page here: [INSERT: LINK TO FUNDRAISING PAGE].
X (formerly known as Twitter)
- The @sluhjrbills need YOUR HELP! Join me in supporting their mission to serve all qualified young men. Give online now at [INSERT: FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK]
- I am fundraising for @sluhjrbills during #sluhday on Nov. 9-11! Check out my page here [INSERT: FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK] to donate and share!
- Thank you to the donors and supporters that have helped me reach X% of my goal! Help us reach 800 gifts for #sluhday at [INSERT: FUNDRAISING PAGE LINK]
- Use your own personal photos to show your support and tell your story, and make sure to use #sluhday in your post!
- Insert the link to your fundraising page in your bio, that way your supporters will be able to navigate to your fundraising page right from Instagram!
Tips & Ideas for Fundraising
Social Media Challenge: Use social media as a way to interact with others close to the cause and to promote your fundraising efforts. Encourage your friends to share your fundraising page - maybe offer to make a $5 donation in the name of anyone who shares your page or their own story (A great way to encourage participation if you were already going to make some donations).
Hashtag Challenges: Hashtags are a great way to engage with your network! Use #sluhday to promote their positive impact and to share reasons why being a fundraising champion is important to you.
- sluhday: Expand the reach of your fundraising page by inserting yourself into the sluhday conversation! Your posts will be searchable by anyone looking to be involved in the statewide giving celebration
Utilize the suite of social share image on the St. Louis U. High Day website to make your fundraising posts stand out on social media.
You can also enhance your own personal photos using free online editing resources like Canva. Personalized graphics will highlight your story to make a greater impact when reaching out to friends and family through email and social media. And including the link to your fundraising page, the organization's name, and the St. Louis U. High Day hashtag on your image will make the graphic an even more powerful tool for fundraising!